Found the recipe here: http://spoonful.com/recipes/japanese-chicken-and-egg-rice-bowl
- 2 cups white rice 2 C brown rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil Olive oil
- 4 chopped scallions a small amount of green onions
- 1 cup chicken broth 1 C water plus a bullion cube
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots skipped
- 2 cups baby spinach chopped collard greens
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 chicken cutlets, cut into strips 2 C of chicken thigh pieces
- 5 large beaten eggs
How to make it
- Cook the rice (for a total of 4 cups of cooked rice).
in a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add
scallionsgreen onions and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the chickenbroth, and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the shredded carrots and baby spinachcollard greens and stir until the spinach hascompletely wilted. Actually I put the collards in with the green onions and sauteed then added the broth.
- Stir in the sugar and soy sauce. Add the chicken and simmer for 3 more minutes.
- Pour the
eggs over the chicken mixture and simmer until the eggs are cooked
through, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes. I think I actually had it cooking in this last phase longer. Maybe more like 20 minutes. Serve the mixture over
the cooked rice.