Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Being a reformed night owl

When I was young and carefree I would go out dancing at night. Most of the time I would get the urge between 9:00 and 10:00 pm, head out, and arrive back home after 12:00 am. I always found myself energized the following day despite my lack of sleep. I loved dancing. I loved the late nights.

Husband, kids, and a long early-morning commute have changed my options for dancing and late nights. Most evenings will find me winding down and climbing into bed between 9:00 and 10:00 pm.

Sometimes I still feel that longing. The 9:00 craving. The 9:30 restlessness. The 10:00 urge. There must be somewhere I need to be. Something that must be done. Dancing!?

I have found my replacement.

Food.

Sometimes it just means I get the munchies.

Quite a few evenings it means recipe research and experimentation. This month alone has included the following late night recipes: Fresh goat's milk mozzarella, baked healthy doughnuts, homemade yogurt and ice cream (without an ice cream machine).

We will see if this trend continues and I will post recipes soon!

No comments: