Now my search for quick fixes, because while quick fixes do not usually stand the test of time, they can be a way to start the ball rolling (how many more phrases can I use).
Here is an excerpt of all the information gathered. All pulled directly from their web pages, except for my little comments at the end in red.
1. http://ezinearticles.com/?Fastest-Way-to-Lose-5-Pounds&id=2101379If you want to lose 5 pounds, you probably want to know what's the fastest way to do this. But you should know in advance that the fastest way isn't always the best way to achieve a long term weight loss.Method #1 - Detox Diet Using a detox diet to shed 5 pounds is truly the fastest way. You can lose 5 pounds in 2-3 days simply by cleansing your body from within. Method #2 - Calorie ShiftingCalorie Shifting means that you constantly change the type of calories that you eat and the time of day in which you eat them. This helps you to maintain a high metabolic rate while still shedding pounds.
Ultimately the article is selling you this "Weight Loss of Dummies" system which uses the Calorie Shifting method. I like the theory of a juice detox, but am unwilling because I want to model healthy eating for my family, plus I will not stick with it.
2. http://fitconsumerlifestyle.com/ketone/Flawless Raspberry Ketone is quickly becoming the "Go To" Natural Weight loss Supplement. If you haven't already heard, health food stores have been barraged from customers seeking raspberry ketone - a weight loss supplement Dr. Mehmet Oz recently called, mentioning no specific brand, a "miracle fat burner in a bottle" on his popular daytime television show.... As Dr. Oz explains, raspberry ketone may stimulate the production a hormone found in fatty tissue that improves our ability to metabolize fat. Raspberry ketone is similar in structure to capsaicin, according to researchers - an extract from hot peppers that is similarly associated with improved fat metabolism (burning). Studies show that thin people have higher levels of adiponectin than overweight individuals. What's more, researchers agree that the hormone improves insulin sensitivity and helps regulate weight. This article is selling a Miracle Pill. Love the idea of a miracle pill - really I do, but I am trying to reduce costs, and ultimately change me long term.
3. http://www.weightlossshakereviews.com/Selling weight loss shakes. Top rated shakes scientifically formulated to help you drop the weight fast. Suppress hunger, increase muscle and energy, increase nutrients.
4. Look a second miracle pill from the same people as number 2. http://thefithealthylifestyle.com/This one from green coffee extract. Bored. I do find coffee to be a useful appetite suppressant. However, since I gave up coffee last week, other methods please.
5. http://www.yesyoucandietplan.com/A whole passel of bottles and stuff to shove in your body to help you lose weight. Sigh. Includes 5 "meals" per day, measuring with your hand, and eating foods from the green column, using yellow column foods with restraint, and avoiding red column foods. Of course you have to buy in order to lose.
6. http://www.livestrong.com/article/103117-fastest-way-lose-pounds/The fastest way to lose 5 to 10 lb. is by using diet and exercise. The reason for this is that weight loss comes down to calories. If you burn more calories than you consume, you're going to lose weight. There's no way around it. Even fad diets, although not the healthiest of alternatives for weight loss, use this principle. But since you most likely want to keep the weight off, a combination of diet and exercise can provide this.... Step 1 Create a caloric deficit through diet. Step 2 Increase your intake of fruits, vegetables, legumes, whole grains and lean meats. Step 3 Avoid beverages that contain calories. Step 4 Increase your level of activity.Step 5 Lift weights. Not really a quick fix. Which I understand is really the best.
7. http://www.nowloss.com/how-to-lose-5-pounds-in-2-days.htm1. Drink lots of water… Yes, I know it sounds crazy but the more water you drink = The less water weight you'll carry around. 2. Stop eating so much salt / sodium by eating no more than 1500mg a day There's 2 ways you can flush out excess salt & water… You can Sweat out excess salt Do anything to make you sweat (the more the better). You can drink it out (the easy way) Just drink plenty of water to flush out excess sodium and water. 3. You have to limit the amount of carbs (carbohydrates) you eat. Each pound of carbs stored in your body has about 3-5 pounds of water packed into it and… If you don't eat too many carbs for the next two days and let the carbs stored in your body burn up for energy - the 3-5 lbs of water that was packed in it will vanish as well. Limit your carbs by eating foods high in protein and low in carbs… The only carbs you should get for the next 2-to-3 days should only come from fruits and veggies. More water, less carbs & salt. This one is promising.
8. http://www.livestrong.com/article/70208-quickest-way-lose-pounds/Weight loss is achieved by following the calories in versus calories out principal. This is a caloric deficit, which means you are burning more than you are consuming. Safe weight loss is considered 1 to 2 lbs. a week. To lose a pound of weight, you need to burn 3,500 calories. If you were to reduce your daily intake by 500 calories, you can lose 1 lb. a week from diet alone. By following several key steps that involve both diet and exercise, you can achieve a 5-lb. weight loss goal in three to five weeks.Step 1: Have your diet consist of nothing but fruits, vegetables, lean meats, low-fat dairy products, whole grains and beans. Step 2: Avoid beverages like processed fruit drinks, sweetened teas, milk shakes, soda and alcohol. Step 3: Eat meals that are a balance of protein and carbs and have five to six meals a day. A midday meal example would be a banana with 2 tbsp. of peanut butter spread across the top. Keep your meals in the range of 300 to 350 calories. Step 4: Perform weight training three times a week on alternating days. Every pound of muscle you put on can help increase your daily expenditure by up to 50 calories. Step 5: To lose 5 lbs. quickly, perform cardio three times a week for 45 to 60 minutes on alternating days. Eat healthy food, avoid drinking calories, eat balanced meals 5 to 6 times per day, weight training, cardio. Apparently the more I read the more I excerpt.
It's all about small sacrifices combined with specific techniques.... So choose at least four of the nutritionist- and fitness expert-backed tips that follow, and vow to work them into your schedule for seven days straight. If you feel ambitious, tack on a few more. The more you pick, the more weight you'll lose. If you start now, by this time next week, you'll look and feel way lighter. Drink Mainly Water it actually helps flush out excess water weight as well as jump-starts your metabolism. If it's just too boring, add lemon wedges or mint leaves. Ban White Bread and Pasta To go a step further, instead of replacing them with healthier yet still bloat-triggering whole-grain bread products, substitute vegetables for the week. Do Cardio 30 Minutes a Day you'll use more calories if you pick a cardio routine that engages multiple muscles simultaneously You'll burn even more calories per session if your workout incorporates interval training: alternating short bursts of intense cardio with slower activity. Drink Coffee an Hour Before Working Out a pre-exercise cup of java with a splash of skim milk (about 11 calories) or black (just 5 calories) will energize your workout Do 36 Push-Ups and Lunges Every Other Day Do three sets of 12 of each exercise every other day. Sleep 30 Minutes More a Night Make One Food Sacrifice Don't Let the Camera Add Pounds Push your chin forward, hold your arms away from your body, and turn slightly sideways from the camera with one foot in front of the other. GET THINNER IN HOURS Really. These slenderizing effects may not be permanent, but they'll help you look hotter in your skinniest jeans on very short notice. Eat Salmon for Lunch Stand Up Straight Do Squats and Sit-Ups Pop an Antigas Pill. Leave it to cosmo to offer thinner in hours techniques. Most of this is same as others.
10. http://www.ehow.com/way_5637609_quickest-way-lose-pounds.html The first thing you need to do is take a quick look at your diet and figure out if there's anything high in calories that you can eliminate. the next step is to eliminate simple carbohydrates, including breads, pasta, white rice, potatoes and starchy vegetables. Also, make sure you add lean proteins such as fish, chicken or tofu to your meals. Finally, consider cutting down your portions. If your goal is to lose those five pounds as quickly as possible, you will need to be active as well as change your diet.
One of the fastest ways to lose 5 pounds is to get Vitamin B12 injections from your doctor. If you cannot afford injections, which can be as much as eight bucks a pop, then you might want to try supplementing with Vitamin B12 mouth spray or a pill form of the vitamin. One very important food to eat is eggs as the whites in eggs contain all the protein you need to survive. If you consume low fat milk at least three to four times daily you will end up with less body fat in the long run. Yet another healthy fat-burning food is oatmeal. You need the iron in red meat to keep your blood oxygenated so that you can quickly build the kind of human lean muscle that will efficiently burn fat. Mushrooms and broccoli are foods that keep you feeling full and also provide wonderful fuel for workouts. Eating an apple a day can also help you lose weight quickly. To also facilitate the fast loss of five pounds you should make it a practice to drink black expresso whenever possible.
12. http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/weightloss-workout-1 Based on the last 5 to lose instead of the first 5: A surefire solution: plyometrics. These explosive moves are great muscle builders, get your heart rate up, and work multiple muscles at a time—all of which leads to an extreme calorie burn. High-intensity interval training involves quick, sprintlike bursts combined with periods of rest or easy recovery to help maximize your calorie burn. Eat small amounts every few hours. Pick Protein Avoid excess salt, limit foods like broccoli and beans, and add lemon to your water (it acts as a natural diuretic).
13. http://www.ehow.com/way_5693374_ways-lose-five-pounds-fast.html There are many popular diets that will help you lose weight fast: these diets include drinking fresh juices, eating high protein with no carbs and the old fashioned calorie-counting technique. Pick your diet and stay committed to losing the weight. Atkins Diet You are restricted to 20 g. of carbohydrates per day. You are able to eat unlimited animal protein including cheese, eggs, meat, pork, fowl and fish. Juice Diet This diet is popular for improving health and detoxification as well as quick weight loss. Calorie Counting You must burn up 3,500 more calories than you eat to lose one pound. Exercise Exercising daily with any diet plan will speed up your weight loss. Exercise at your best time of day-- at home, outdoors or in a gym setting.My personal choice (based on the above "research") is the following:
1. Eat oatmeal for breakfast every day - topped with yogurt. Lot of time to burn off these happy high fiber carbs.
2. Drink water and nothing else.
3. Limit carbs to vegetables the rest of the day.
4. Increase protein especially eggs and fish.
5. Exercise more and more.
6. Buy the best body shaper (girdle) I can find.
7. Stand like I'm on the red carpet for an cameras.