Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day 8 - Evil

I originally intended to write about time-suckers as the great evil of my life (tv & internet).

However, my direction was changed by this: To This Day Project

How do I insulate my children against the evil of this world. I love my kids and their kindness and sensitivity. I am so afraid of what they will face. How do I keep them strong without voiding their empathy. I want them to know who they are and not be broken by the words of others.

I do not recall specific words said to me, but I remember feeling ugly, fat, and invisible. Friends left and stopped writing. I never really felt like I fit in anywhere. I still feel like an odd duck even while doing the things I love and am most proud of now as an adult. I still have the child conversations in my head, "I wonder if she likes me?"

--
the smile i wear hides in security
a reaching-grasping mask
longing

do you see me?

FRAGILE marked
invisible ink
packing paper smothered
a raw core

do you see me?

Whispered.
--

No comments: