Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 39 - Restore

Today we were able to restore our septic system to a temporarily working order. I say temporarily because part of it is frozen, and we just need to wait until spring to have it functioning fully again.

In the mean time I must conserve my water usage - significantly.

Restore.

While digging through layers of hay, ice, and refuse we came upon a wonderful sight, blades of green grass, hidden beneath those layers, safe and delicate. A restoration of the green from the deep layers of white and brown and slop. A moment of hope in a murphy's law kind of week.

I made this lovely mini fudgey chocolate cake recipe this evening - ringed in strawberry jelly. Too bad i forgot to photo before they were eaten. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Mini-Fudgey-Chocolate-Cakes-232714 this lovely dessert has helped restore my husbands good mood.


No comments: